Sunday, July 26, 2009

Sunday Woes... or is it?

So it's a Sunday today, and where do you think I am typing these words for my second post?

Believe it or not, in my office, my workplace, on a Sunday.

Go ahead and laugh and cringe, or whatever reaction you get out of my woe; it's not going to make me feel better anyway. Granted, I'm not really finding this whole working on a Sunday thing that annoying and difficult to begin with. Maybe just a little since it pretty much spoils my weekend plans from here onwards but it's my job, and the money has to come in one way or another anyway so that pretty much ends any doubts I might have on the issue.

My parents might have something to say about it still though, since it proves how irregular my work hour is in comparison to my pay. The question of whether the permanent post the upper management here has promised will ever come to light comes up again, and I have to keep my face straight explaining to them it takes times.

Something which I have been telling them for the past few months ever since I signed the forms for it that is. One wonders how I can put up with this for so long, and I have to thank my patience for it. Of course, even my patience has its limits, but then, I rarely reached that limit anyway, except maybe during several LAN gaming sessions with my friends.

So yeah, here I am, working on a Sunday encoding news videos for RTB's website, RTB City while also updating some of the pages on said website. Working in a television station, its also not a surprise why I have Sunday duties. But what's not expected is that in the section I belong too, I am the only who came.



It's a lonely place to work in when there's no one around to make noises. But I improvise by playing music on the speaker system my friend left behind in the office, so I can work with Michael Jackson's Beat It playing over the speakers; me singing to the songs that played is inevitable, if only because there is no one to comment on you singing.



The carpark this morning is also a surprise to me. Normally, the carpark is mostly full of cars; it's not a surprise to see several cars parked already by the time I arrive. But today, for the first time, I see the carpark mostly empty, save for a solitary hatchback, probably someone from the broadcast control room upstairs who I know have to stay and manage the broadcasting of our local television programmes.



It's a sad yet interesting sight indeed, for me at least anyway. I know this is pretty common when there is a holiday but this would be the first time I see it with my own eyes and caught on photo.

And now, I return back to the remaining tasks I have left before I can leave. And once that's done, maybe I can go and have lunch somewhere considering the time. And there is still the family gathering we're having tonight so maybe in my next post, I'll have that posted up.

Until then, dream on and sweet dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment